Ideas are easy. The right ideas take a bit more work. This two-hour workshop includes a hands-on exercise to expose you to a creative and collaborative problem-solving methodology known as design thinking. The design thinking process prioritizes both understanding and addressing the needs, behaviors, and preferences of your client/patient/end-user. By empathizing with users, generating diverse ideas, and rapidly prototyping solutions, it enables a deeper understanding of the problem you are trying to solve and fosters creative solutions rather than incremental change.
Why is Design Thinking Important?
This process provides a structured, user-centric approach to problem-solving allowing you to:
- Develop a mindset for creative problem-solving through empathy, ideation, and prototyping.
- Gain a deeper understanding of users’ needs leading to more empathetic and user-friendly solutions.
- Adopt an iterative approach by refining ideas based on feedback.
- Exercise your adaptability by navigating uncertainties more effectively.
Who Should Attend:
Professionals. Entrepreneurs. Students. From any industry or field of study. If you are looking for new and innovative approaches to solving problem complex problem, Activate Innovation is for you.
- Thursday, November 30th, 2023
- 8:30AM- 11:00AM
- Q Station: 3225 Central Ave NE 87106
- CNM Ingenuity: Activate NM
- UNM School of Anderson: Innovation Academy
- Design Thinking ABQ Meetup
- Nancy Lewis, Director of the Canopy for Creative Collaboration, UNM Innovation Academy; Founder of Inquiry 3, LLC
- Jeff Bargiel, Program Director at CNM Ingenuity; Founder of Toasti
- 8:30AM-9:00AM Registration and Networking
- 9:00AM-10:30AM Design Thinking Exercise
- 10:30AM-11:00AM Debrief. Deeper Dive into Design Thinking. Q&A. Survey.
- In-demand workshop with limited capacity.
- Registration is required. Free event.
- Partnered activities. We are counting on your attendance for the entire two hour duration.
- In other words, if you sign up, please show up. If you cannot attend, please cancel your registration or email [email protected] so that we can open your spot to another participant.