Connect with mentors and resources to move your startup venture forward
What are Office Hours?
Office Hours are a facilitated weekly gathering for active ActivateNM community of entrepreneurs and mentors to get talk about pressing business questions their ventures are facing. Mentors and resource providers will be available to meet with startup founders on a variety of topics including but are not limited to fundraising, customer discovery, sales, marketing, finance, technical support, and pitch practice.
Who is this for?
Office hours are designed for mentors and member companies of ActivateNM. We are regularly joined by mentors and startup founders from around the world interested in getting involved with our active network.
How to sign up?
See our events calendar for upcoming dates and to RSVP
What to expect:
- These are virtual meetings, please use best practices for video calls
- Mentors will be divided into the groups where startups can meet with them.
- Depending on which mentors are available there will be different categories from week to week
- Every 30 mins companies will be rotated between mentors
General Schedule on Fridays:
- 10:00 am – Member Highlight or Guest Speaker (20 Ted Talk and 10 min Q/A)
- 10:30 am – Mentor Introductions (Mentor Menu)
- 10:45 am – First Round of Meetings
- 11:15 am – Bio Break, Tea or Coffee Refill
- 11:20 am – Second Round of Meetings
- 11:50 am – Closing Reflection
- 12:00 pm – END
How to prepare:
- Identify your top needs and questions for the week. Write them down so you are more prepared to ask the question and receive the best response.
- Prepare short executive summary (PDF no more than one page or slide) and/or pitch (Pitch Deck) to give to the mentors to help them quickly come up to speed on your company (can share directly with mentor on Slack or via Zoom)
- Come ready to receive honest advice from seasoned entrepreneurs about your business. This means practice active listening and note taking upon receiving feedback or questioning.
- Make sure your video camera and microphone are working correctly