Activate New Mexico (ActivateNM) does not offer capital investment or take equity for participation in our programs the startup accelerator. We focus on providing resources and training to help accelerate and grow startups to investment.
If you are a startup looking for investment in New Mexico, we recommend reaching out to some of the following:
- ABQid Fund
- Arrowhead Innovation Fund
- Cottonwood Technology Fund
- Ingenuity Venture Fund
- New Mexico Angels
- NMA Ventures
- Sun Mountain Capital
- Tramway Venture Partners
Looking for funding beyond New Mexico. Here is a pretty cool list of funds under $200 Million around the United States.
We have a large network of mentors who are successful business leaders in New Mexico. ActivateNM cohort companies have access to an extensive network of professional mentors. Mentors volunteer their time to facilitate workshops, mentor companies 1-on-1, and share their business knowledge to help make progress towards key growth milestones.
Business Support Organizations
|African American Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce||https://aagacc.org/|
|Albuquerque Economic Development (AED)||https://www.abq.org/|
|Arrowhead Center in Las Cruces||https://arrowheadcenter.nmsu.edu/|
|New Mexico Partnership||https://nmpartnership.com/|
|New Mexico Small Business Assistance Program (NMSBA)||https://www.nmsbaprogram.org/|
|New Mexico Small Business Development Center (NMSBDC)||http://www.nmsbdc.org/|
|New Mexico Tech Council||https://nmtechcouncil.org/|
|Regional Development Corp (RDC)||https://www.rdcnm.org/|
|Santa Fe Business Incubator||https://sfbi.net/|
|Santa Fe Innovates||https://santafeinnovates.com/|
|South Valley Economic Development Center||https://www.svedc.org/|
|Technology Retirees Economic Catalysts (TREC)||https://nmtrec.org/|
|The Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce||https://www.ahcnm.org/|
Events and Recordings
If you are looking for events to get help in New Mexico, start with our Startup Office Hours. Also, have a look at our events calendar for additional training workshops and competitions. Most of our public events are recorded. Have a look at our YouTube playlists.
We have partnered with hundreds of organizations to collaborate on growing the startup ecosystem in New Mexico. These are organizations with a passion to serve entrepreneurs and help them grow their companies.
Not sure where to start?
Come to Startup Office Hours
Funding for Business Training
For a complete list of CNM Ingenuity funding options for business training, please visit this website.
You can also see additional business training offerings (most of which have funding assistance) on this website.
Featured Training Fund for Albuquerque Based Companies
- Job Training Albuquerque (JTA) is a workforce development program that provides qualified Albuquerque employers with the opportunity to provide professional training to employees with no tuition cost or fees. You may qualify to take this training at no charge if your employer meets these criteria:
- Incorporated as a for-profit or not-for-profit entity in NM
- Headquartered within the Albuquerque city limits
- A business with less than 500 employees
- Business has been located in Albuquerque for 1 year OR Business owner has been an Albuquerque resident for at least 1 year at any time prior to the time of training
- Business is willing and able to increase its workforce by at least one employee in the next two years.
- This great opportunity is made possible through the collaboration between CNM Ingenuity and the City of Albuquerque. Job Training Albuquerque (JTA) is a workforce development program that provides opportunities for the local workforce to gain necessary skills in order to fill skill gaps and meet the workforce needs of existing and potential employers.
- Apply for this workforce development opportunity to be funded through Job Training Albuquerque (JTA) by applying here: https://jobtrainingabq.org/application/